The TeacherGeek Wind Lift is renewable energy made awesome for kids! In this activity, students will utilize the power of the wind, engineering their very own working turbine to lift a heavy load or raise their bucket as quickly as possible. TeacherGeek makes it a breeze to modify and redesign turbines, meaning kids really get to see how changing different aspects of the blades affects the turbine’s performance. With kids primarily modifying the blades, the assembled bases can be stored for use year after year.
Includes different documents for different ages. Some adult assistance is helpful for third graders.
TeacherGeek solves the frustrations of STEM/STEAM/makerspaces for teachers and kids:
- READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
- AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges, and more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
- STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
- REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design, so kids are never done making
- REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
- RECYCLING BIN INNOVATION – recycling bin + TeacherGeek = even more creativity
TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools.