PITTSBURG, KS (March 6, 2019) – Pitsco Education today announced the launch of an entire line of new hands-on coding solutions, bringing US schools the first complete coding and robotics continuum for K-12 classrooms. In partnership with UBTECH Education, Arduino Education, KUBO Robotics, Shape Robotics, and Microduino, the new continuum provides engaging learning experiences for students to gain relevant skills needed to approach a future world no one can describe.
"Lines of codes might be the least important outcome of coding, and an assembled bot is not the end of a robotics classroom activity," said Stephan Turnipseed, executive vice president and chief strategy officer of Pitsco Education. "With less than half of today's US public school students engaged in school, coding and robotics represent a fantastic opportunity for teachers to help their students focus on learning in a way that is meaningful and fun. We are excited to team up with the best education technology companies from around the world to bring new tools that engage students, empower teachers, and help learners develop important skills."
Pitsco Education continues to expand its coding and robotics offerings, including within its proprietary TETRIX® Robotics building systems. Together with these partners, Pitsco Education now provides:
- UKITs from UBTECH Education – UKITs, for three skill levels, Grades 3-12, provide a building system that easily snaps together to form structures and robots to be used with free app-based NGSS-aligned activities.
- Starter Kit Classroom Pack, Science Kit Physics Lab, CTC Go! Core Module, CTC 101 Kit, and Engineering Kit from Arduino Education – These hands-on kits offer options for multiple grade levels and skill levels through a series of projects and curriculum to learn the basics of coding, electronics, circuitry, and mechatronics.
- KUBO Coding and Coding+ Sets from KUBO Robotics – The groundbreaking TagTile system introduces the concepts of coding in an easy, hands-on, screen-free way enabling young learners to create and innovate.
- Fable Robot from Shape Robotics – Fable is a modular construction set students in Grades 6-12 can use to create their own robot in minutes; it can be coded using Blockly, a visual programming language, or Python®, a text-based language.
- STEM MIX Kits Series 1-4 from Microduino – These kits progressively teach students in Grades 4-9 about electronic circuitry, coding, and product design. Each offers 12 projects.
Pitsco Education's decades of experience and deep knowledge of what teachers need ensure that every product along the K-12 continuum comes with supporting curriculum and activities for easy and effective implementation in classrooms and school districts of all sizes and locations. Each product is designed to teach children how to evolve the way they think critically – from concrete to abstract – and how to develop the way they solve problems – from simple to complex. All products within the new coding and robotics continuum resonate with school districts in any one of the 50 states where NGSS, CCSS, ISTE, ITEEA, TEKS, and the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards for Science are being adopted.
Pitsco Education is the leading provider of hands-on K-12 STEM solutions. STEM education prepares learners for the future through the integration of science, technology, engineering, and math concepts using relevant hands-on applications to connect school, community, and work. Our various products, activities, curriculum, and solutions promote positive learning experiences and continued classroom success.
# # #