Intended for use with the TETRIX® PRIME Programmable or Dual-Control Robotics Set, the TETRIX PRIME Automation Manufacturing STEM Unit Curriculum Pack combines the quick prototyping capabilities of the PRIME building system with the strength and ruggedness of the MAX parts to focus on activities and builds that might be used in manufacturing plants. Using a PULSE® controller and TETRIX Ardublockly software along with various sensors, students program a work cell robot to accomplish tasks that might normally be found in a manufacturing environment. By combining parts from the two products, students build quick prototypes with the strength to accomplish automated activities that address STEM standards.
The Automation Manufacturing STEM Unit comes with additional TETRIX parts that are not included in the TETRIX PRIME Programmable or Dual-Control Robotics Sets. These additional parts are necessary to build the robots and complete the activities in this guide.
- 15 hours, or fifteen 50-minute class periods, of hands-on activities with scope and sequence
- Middle and high school correlations to Next Generation Science, Common Core Math and Language Arts, and ITEEA standards
- Programming with PULSE controller using the graphic-based TETRIX Ardublockly along with sensor integration
- Extensive coverage of mechanisms and mechanical systems concepts
- Application of STEM knowledge and 21st-century skills
- Progressive series of activities with culminating real-world manufacturing challenge
Download our curriculum sample.