From the publisher: Fashion! gives your students an in-depth look at the exciting world of the fashion scene. This colorful text is designed for nonlaboratory textile and clothing courses. Fashion! includes hundreds of images to illustrate concepts and enhance learning. Fashion! can help your students become future employees in fashion-related businesses by helping them:
- Understand the apparel industry and learn the skills needed to become more attuned to consumer concerns.
- Explore globalization and trends for textile companies, apparel manufacturers, retailers, and consumers, including industry-wide collaboration, multichannel retailing, and cross-channel shopping.
- Analyze how Internet technology is changing fashion firms’ product development, promotion, and selling through electronics (e-commerce) and how mobile applications and social media affect consumer comparison shopping and buying practices (m-commerce).
- Weigh the dilemma of imports, environmental sustainability, and ethical and social issues about companies when buying their goods.
- Discuss how to deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.
- Describe fashion design techniques.
- Gain exposure to the career clusters and the many career opportunities in the apparel industry.