Code from anywhere, learn from anywhere, because TETRIX® robotics is now accessible everywhere.
The TETRIX Virtual Robotics (VR) simulation software, powered by Robotify, provides the curriculum, easy-to-use tools, and all the resources you need to run a successful blended robotics program.
Unlike other solutions, TETRIX VR offers a digital/physical robotics experience, whereby students can use a simulated environment to code a virtual TETRIX robot using the Arduino Software (IDE) programming language. In addition to the online experience, when used in parallel with the TETRIX MAX robotics building system, TETRIX VR enables learners to easily move between virtually coding and testing their code on their robot in the real world.
This creates a highly dynamic and flexible learning environment whereby the simulation software and TETRIX hardware can be used independently or in combination with one another, enabling learners to iterate in both the digital and physical world, just like an engineer.
The activities baked into the software feature step-by-step coding instructions and deliver real-time feedback to the learner so they can grow and develop innovative ideas that can be implemented, tested, and refined straight away.
For educators, TETRIX VR offers so much more. Inside the platform are 15 real-world activities for learners to work through. Each activity includes a series of progressive tasks and concludes with an open-ended challenge.
- Activities 1-5: Feature an assistive robots theme and introduce the controller, motors, and sensors.
- Activity 7-10: Feature a domestic robots theme and address systems thinking as students program mobile robots.
- Activity 11-15: Feature a safety and security robots theme; learners use sensors to explore advanced programming.
- Digital-Only Content Hours: 11.25 hours
- Supporting Hands-On Content Hours: 11.25 hours
- Total Digital/Physical Content: 22.5 hours
The activities have been developed so educators and learners need no prior coding experience. Teachers can instead focus on managing the classroom and facilitating student learning outcomes. Each activity features:
- Lesson Overview
- Real-World Connections
- Learning Objectives
- Coding Concepts
- Pacing Guide
- CSTA Standards Correlations
- Task Goals, Teaching Points, Discussion Questions, and Sample Solution Code
Within the platform, educators will also find a series of learning management tools. When in the software, teachers can:
- Organize classes and add, remove, or change teacher and student info.
- Track students’ progress through an adaptive learning environment.
- Manage, assign, and assess individual student tasks.
- View student data analytics and usage reports.
- Sync with Google Classroom or Clever.
TETRIX VR is highly accessible, and the full digital/physical learning experience is supported on Chromebook, Windows, and Mac. The digital-only learning experience that features the online simulation tool is available on Chromebook, Windows, and Mac, iPad OS, and Android tablets.
Upon purchasing a license, a user account will be created and the user will be notified about their account by Pitsco Education within 48-72 hours. Please note that the account information will be sent to the email address associated with the purchase. The annual license will officially begin when the end user activates their account for the first time.