The TETRIX® PRIZM® Robotics Controller is a fully integrated, programmable brain for your bot that features a variety of motor, servo, encoder, and sensor ports with convenient connectors that enable you to control your robot's behavior like never before. This controller offers the best of both worlds – a learning tool that is powerful yet easy to use. With PRIZM you can take learning to new heights by creating robots that are smarter, more precise, and as real world as it gets.
The controller is specifically developed for use with the TETRIX MAX building system and comes with programming support for the Arduino Software (IDE), which is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X 10.7 or newer, and Linux devices that have a USB port.
Programming support is also available for the Arduino Web Editor. The Arduino Web Editor can be accessed from any device that can access the Internet via a browser. In order to upload programs from the web editor to your TETRIX PRIZM, your device needs a USB port. Additional details are available in the Arduino Web Editor Instructions resource.
The PRIZM Robotics Controller features:
- 32 KB flash programmable memory
- ATmega328P processor with Arduino Optiboot bootloader installed
- 4 digital sensor ports (D2 can be used as a serial port) and 3 analog sensor ports
- 1 I2C port, 1 USB programming port, 1 motor controller expansion port, and 2 quadrature encoder input ports
- 2 high-current DC motor control ports
- 6 standard control servo ports and 2 continuous rotation (CR) servo ports
- Battery connection port (additional port used to daisy-chain power to other devices)
- Programmable Start button (green) and a non-programmable Stop/Reset button (red)
EXPERIENCE A WHOLE NEW DIRECTION WITH INTELLIGENT SENSORS FOR TETRIX MAX!
With our extension activities, example libraries, and challenges under resources and downloads, it is easier than ever to teach artificial intelligence and machine learning using your TETRIX MAX programmable system and select sensors.Take command of robotics education in your classroom today!