Get ready to R-R-RUMBLE! Students can use the power of hydraulic cylinders to design, build, and battle their very own Judo-Bot. Using TeacherGeek components and recycling bin innovation, they can engineer new methods to move bots up, down, and side to side to best tip or push opponents out of the ring. Exploring concepts of force, balance, momentum, mechanical advantage, and robotics with end effector designs, bots are a truly comprehensive STEM activity.
Includes different documents for different ages. Some adult assistance is helpful for sixth graders.
TeacherGeek solves the frustrations of STEM/STEAM/makerspaces for teachers and kids:
- READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
- AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges, and more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
- STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
- REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design, so kids are never done making
- REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
- RECYCLING BIN INNOVATION – recycling bin + TeacherGeek = even more creativity
TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools.