The whole class is on the edge of their seats, staring, as turbine blades twitch, gain speed, and start to whirl! Gears are spinning faster and faster as the cylinder pulls in water and pushes it out. It’s working – they’re pumping water! Kids will try different blade designs, gear ratios, and raid the recycling bin for new blade materials. TeacherGeek makes it a breeze to modify and redesign turbines, which means kids really get to see how variable changes can affect the performance of their designs.
Includes different documents for different ages. Can be used with fifth grade and up; some adult assistance is helpful for fifth graders.
TeacherGeek solves the frustrations of STEM/STEAM/makerspaces for teachers and kids:
- READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
- AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges, and more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
- STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
- REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design, so kids are never done making
- REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
- RECYCLING BIN INNOVATION – recycling bin + TeacherGeek = even more creativity
TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools.