X-Stream Wind Tunnel
Go high tech with your technology and science curricula with this adjustable-speed, quiet-as-a-breeze wind tunnel. No louder than a room fan, X-Stream requires no hearing protection. When paired with the Vehicle Platform Sensor (VPS) and Stinger Mount Sensor, the X-Stream can measure forces on objects as diverse as dragsters, airfoils, rockets, and geometric shapes.
The X-Stream is quality made too. A low-restriction flow straightener, combined with a 6:1 compression ratio intake bell, converts turbulent airflow into smooth, laminar airflow for repeatable test results. The large testing chamber accommodates a variety of objects, yet the unit is compact enough to sit on a six-foot table. Side and top polycarbonate window panels permit more light to enter the chamber and provide a better view.
This wind tunnel’s handheld control unit lets you adjust the speed of the air moving through the test chamber (up to 40 mph), and the included manometer indicates the actual speed. As air moves over an object, the control unit’s LCD panel displays the magnitude of the forces.
Features of the X-Stream Wind Tunnel include:
- Quiet – great for classrooms and lab areas
- Ratio-metrically designed for accuracy
- Laminar flow provides zero-turbulence testing.
- Only six feet long – fits in any classroom
- Extra-large 19" x 11-1/2" x 11-1/2" test chamber has a view from both sides and top.
- Side panels are removable and customizable.
- Convenient handheld control unit
- Variable speed from 0-40 mph
- Rugged ABS construction
Requires one available serial port. Note: Requires VPS or Stinger Mount to operate.
X-Stream Wind Tunnel with Vehicle Platform Sensor
The Vehicle Platform Sensor (VPS) is an exceptional addition to your CO2 dragster program. When a model vehicle is positioned inside the testing chamber of the X-Stream Wind Tunnel, the VPS simultaneously measures lift forces on front and rear axles and front drag on the vehicle. Data is displayed on the handheld controller. Includes hardware and instructions.
Vehicle Platform Sensor (VPS) system offers several great features:
- Use with CO2 dragsters and model vehicles.
- Onboard display for instantaneous feedback
- Simultaneous measurement of front drag and lift on both axles
- Adjustable sensing plates accommodate a wide range of vehicle designs.