Kids excitedly wind up their vehicles – no two the same – and take their place at the starting line, eagerly awaiting the signal. Ready? Set? GO! Leave soapbox and cardboard cars in the dust with the incredible, elastic-powered Rubber Band Racer. Kids actually engineer their racer in this guided activity, exploring levers, frame designs, traction, and different ways to connect their rubber bands. Then, they use them to compete in an optional challenge!
Includes different documents for different ages. Some adult assistance is helpful for third graders.
TeacherGeek solves the frustrations of STEM/STEAM/makerspaces for teachers and kids:
- READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
- AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges, and more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
- STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
- REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design, so kids are never done making
- REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
- RECYCLING BIN INNOVATION – recycling bin + TeacherGeek = even more creativity
TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools.