Our UKIT Beginner seamlessly incorporates STEM instruction into elementary classrooms.
UBTECH’s UKIT Beginner contains everything teachers need to introduce and reinforce STEM and computer science concepts including:
- Comprehensive building kit – no additional pieces required.
- Access to UBTECH Education’s proprietary app, which lets students build, code, and animate their robotics projects.
- Our free, digitally delivered UKIT curriculum, which enables teachers to deliver powerful STEM and CTE-aligned instruction. Developed by experts who helped write the NGSS and designed to support UKIT Beginner classrooms, the materials immerse students in hands-on STEM+C learning by merging modular robotics construction with engineering, math, and language arts as well as physical and life sciences.
With UKIT Beginner, students can experience both robot construction and coding. Following a guided build, students progress through the engineering design process, incorporating rapid prototyping and iterative design. Simultaneously, they advance through a coding experience that starts with physical manipulation of the constructed models, which results in visual code creation. Then, students move to block-based programming with the ability to view real-time syntax.
HOW ARE UKITS DIFFERENT?
Our tech is for real
UKITs are designed to support multiple projects that increase in complexity as the learning progresses, inviting students to build, unbuild, and assemble their own creations.
- Durable kit elements ensure long-lasting usability.
- Precise servos enable precise, human-like movement.
- Founded on UBTECH’s robotics industry experience and research base.
High-quality curriculum fills gaps in traditional science courses
- Based on a solid foundation of standards and coherence, our NGSS-aligned curriculum builds student and teacher confidence, inspires curiosity, and flexes to engage all learners.
- Students leverage advanced science and mathematics concepts to solve real-world problems, learning how technology can enhance the critical and computational thinking process.
- Unit Focus
- All Units: Grades 3-5 – Engineering
- Unit 1: Grade 3 – Forces and Motion
- Unit 2: Grade 4 – Wildlife and Biology
- Unit 3: Grade 5 – Geology and Biomechanics
View our preview or download all units of the free curriculum.
App-based programming is fun and accessible for kids
The free UBTECH Education app provides 360-degree, three-dimensional, step-by-step instructions for 13 models that are easy to follow, so students can quickly get started and immerse themselves in the build.
- Icon-based system
- Program motors, sensors, and movements from your Bluetooth-enabled device
- Drive, code, and bring your robotic creations to life