The Model SC-300R is an in-depth exploration of the electronic components included with the SC-300 Snap Circuits Classic. Designed to help students grasp the basic principles of electronics, this set includes 60+ parts and project books with 300+ projects – plus a teacher guide and 73-page student guide. Students learn circuitry as they build exciting projects such as FM/AM radios, digital voice recorders, burglar alarms, doorbells, and much more!
- Basic Components and Circuits – Introduces electricity, types of circuits, and circuit building.
- Motors and Electricity – Learn how electricity and magnetism are used in motors and generators, about the electricity that runs your home, and about lightning.
- Resistance – Learn how resistors are used to limit and control the flow of electricity. Learn the basic rules for understanding circuits and an introduction to digital electronics.
- Capacitors – Learn about the different types of capacitors, how they store electric charge, and how they are used in circuits.
- Transistors – Learn how transistors work and how they are used in many types of circuits.
- Oscillators and Electronic Sound – Learn how electricity makes sound. Learn about oscillator circuits and build some too.
- Integrated Circuits – Learn about the integrated circuit modules included in Snap Circuits and what is inside them.
- Electromagnetism and Radio – Learn how antennas are used to send radio signals through the air, how modulation is used to encode information, and about transformers. Build radio circuits to demonstrate these concepts.
Requires four AA batteries, sold separately.