Create your own unique pull toy with animated parts that move as they roll! Watch as tails wag, heads bob, hands wave, or wrestlers wrassle. Follow the engineering design process to brainstorm, construct, iterate, and redesign innovative toys. Students will really build their own toys, utilizing simple machines, linkages, kinetic and potential energy, and mechanical advantage in their plans. The Design Workshop is also an excellent introduction to marketing and entrepreneurship, as kids can develop brand identities, logos, and sale pitches for their creations.
Includes different documents for different ages. Some adult assistance is helpful for third graders.
TeacherGeek solves the frustrations of STEM/STEAM/makerspaces for teachers and kids:
- READY-TO-GO PACKS – just hand them out and get started: pre-divided 10-packs include printed guides and plenty of extra parts
- AMAZING EDITABLE CURRICULUM – award-winning, editable documents, videos, labs, challenges, and more get kids designing, investigating, and competing in challenges
- STANDARDS ALIGNED – curriculum is teacher designed and aligned to NGSS, CCSS, ITEEA, and state standards
- REAL ENGINEERING – kids actually design, test, redesign, and repeat; there’s no perfect design, so kids are never done making
- REAL DATA – data so good kids can measure the effects of design changes, even using the data to complete optional science labs
- RECYCLING BIN INNOVATION – recycling bin + TeacherGeek = even more creativity
TeacherGeek is not a toy; it’s way better! Kids love making real things, especially when they get to use age-appropriate tools.