Bring drones to the classroom with the Drone Flight Guide Curriculum and Field Elements Kit. The versatility of this kit enables all students to get hands on with drones and adds an element of competition to the learning experience. This package consists of teacher and student guides, which introduce learners to drone flight and competitions, along with numerous competition field element components.
The Flight Guide: Drone Competition Curriculum was developed to introduce students to the many uses drones have in today’s world in a fun, exciting, and competitive way.
- Provides opportunities for both manned and autonomous flight operation
- Up to 120 days of curriculum if both manned and autonomous activities are completed
- Progressive series of 12 activities that culminate with challenges and competitions
- Connections to careers such as drone pilots, software developers, construction inspectors, air traffic controllers, photographers, videographers, electrical power line installers, urban planners, power plant operators, surveying and mapping technicians, wildlife biologists, and firefighters
- Middle school correlations to ITEEA standards
- Resources such as career research links, preflight check, build instructions for each field element, maps showing field element placement for each activity, teacher notes for setup and implementation, and glossary with basic flight terms and drone principles
This curriculum is designed to be open-ended, enabling teachers to use any drones available to the classroom, but it has been written and tested with the Tello EDU drone.
Download our curriculum sample.