X-Stream Wind Tunnel
Go high tech with your technology and science curricula with this adjustable-speed, quiet-as-a-breeze wind tunnel. No louder than a room fan, X-Stream requires no hearing protection. When paired with the Vehicle Platform Sensor (VPS) and Stinger Mount Sensor, the X-Stream can measure forces on objects as diverse as dragsters, airfoils, rockets, and geometric shapes.
The X-Stream is quality made too. A low-restriction flow straightener, combined with a 6:1 compression ratio intake bell, converts turbulent airflow into smooth, laminar airflow for repeatable test results. The large testing chamber accommodates a variety of objects, yet the unit is compact enough to sit on a six-foot table. Side and top polycarbonate window panels permit more light to enter the chamber and provide a better view.
This wind tunnel’s handheld control unit lets you adjust the speed of the air moving through the test chamber (up to 40 mph), and the included manometer indicates the actual speed. As air moves over an object, the control unit’s LCD panel displays the magnitude of the forces.
Features of the X-Stream Wind Tunnel include:
- Quiet – great for classrooms and lab areas
- Ratio-metrically designed for accuracy
- Laminar flow provides zero-turbulence testing.
- Only six feet long – fits in any classroom
- Extra-large 19" x 11-1/2" x 11-1/2" test chamber has a view from both sides and top.
- Side panels are removable and customizable.
- Convenient handheld control unit
- Variable speed from 0-40 mph
- Rugged ABS construction
Requires one available serial port. Note: Requires VPS or Stinger Mount Sensor to operate.
X-Stream Wind Tunnel with Stinger Mount Sensor
Measure drag on a variety of objects placed inside the testing chamber of the X-Stream Wind Tunnel including geometric shapes, vehicles, airfoils, bottle rockets, and solid-fuel rockets. The Stinger Mount Sensor also measures lift on wings! Includes instructions, hardware, and geometric objects. Data is displayed on the handheld controller.
Stinger Mount Sensor System offers several great features:
- Use with CO2 dragsters (front drag only), rockets, airfoils, and geometric shapes.
- Onboard display for instantaneous feedback
- Versatile for many science and technology applications
- Data-graphing and analysis software available