Published January 9, 2020
PITTSBURG, KS (January 9, 2020) – Pitsco is proud to announce its 2020 Teacher Advisory Group (TAG). Twenty-one incredible educators, chosen from across the country, are gearing up to share their expertise with Pitsco Education's Development and Marketing teams to support the mission of "leading education that positively affects learners."
The 2020 Pitsco TAG members will be involved in a variety of projects, including the development of products as well as the creation of product videos, website and marketing content, and blog posts.
This year, the selection team focused on adding more elementary teachers to the group and emphasizing diversity among students and teachers alike.
"Traditionally, we've concentrated more on middle school teachers," said Pitsco's TAG and Marketing Events Coordinator Sue Angermayer. "But now that we're looking to reach more elementary students with our products and curriculum – and focusing on diversity in the classroom – it makes sense to bring more teachers on board who can speak to those experiences."
The 2020 team has already begun sharing insights. Asked why hands-on learning is important, Lisa Lewis replied, "Is there another way to teach? My scholars light up when they see the new activities that we have to explore each day."
"We always get amazing insight from our TAG members," said Pitsco Senior Business Analyst Nancy Peterson. "I look forward to seeing what our 2020 group brings us!"
The 2020 Pitsco TAG members include:
- Erin Barr, Montana School for the Deaf and the Blind, Great Falls, MT
- Jim Brown, Sand Creek Middle School, Albany, NY
- Michael Clark, Volusia County CTE, Volusia County, FL
- Lauren Freeman, Harmony School of Enrichment, Houston, TX
- Susan Gaboriau, Putnam County School District, Palatka, FL
- Chris Gibson, S.F. Austin STEM Academy, Jones Creek, TX
- Teresia Harrison, The Institute for Math and Science Education, East Central University, Ada, OK
- Everton Henriques, Staten Island Technical High School, Staten Island, NY
- James Jones, Wedgefield School, Orlando, FL
- Lisa Lewis, Lafayette Upper Elementary, Fredericksburg, VA
- David Lockett, Edward W. Bok Academy, Lake Wales, FL
- Aaron Maurer, Mississippi Bend AEA, Bettendorf, IA
- Jill McClain, Bryant Ranch Elementary, Yorba Linda, CA
- Matthew McGuire, Elwood-John H. Glenn High School, Elwood, NY
- Dave Shafer, Skiles Test School of STEM, Indianapolis, IN
- Joe Slifka, LaBrae Local School District, Leavittsburg, OH
- Emma Smith, Broadway Elementary, Broadway, NC
- Natalie Vanderbeck, George Nettels Elementary, Pittsburg, KS
- Sam Warwick, Heritage High School, Maryville, TN
- Matthew Way, Sweeny Elementary, Sweeny, TX
- Denise Wright, Ocean Bay Middle School, Myrtle Beach, SC
Are you TAG material?
TAG, made up of educators who fill a wide variety of educational niches, provides Pitsco with feedback and ideas for increasing classroom success. While our 2020 TAG team is set, we will be accepting applications for the 2021 team beginning October 2020. If you would like to help Pitsco in "leading education that positively affects learners," be sure to apply in October! Let us remind you later – sign up at info.pitsco.com/tag#get-notified.
Pitsco Education is the leading provider of hands-on K-12 STEM solutions. STEM education prepares learners for the future through the integration of science, technology, engineering, and math concepts using relevant hands-on applications to connect school, community, and work. Our various products, activities, curriculum, and solutions promote positive learning experiences and continued classroom success.
# # #